Thursday, September 7, 2017

THE PULLDOWN CONTINUES

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.  I've been thinking about whether to remove and replace the badly rusted pieces of the chassis before I send it away for sandblasting and today I made the decision to go ahead and do just that.

Dodgy welding job to be removed.

Bit of galvanized flat plate welded over the top.

Removing spring hanger for clean up and re-use.

I slowly cut back the chassis until I reached solid steel and allow me to internally plate the staggered joints.

And still the cutting back continues.


Ready for the new section.

The chassis still needs cleaning up and finalizing but at least now I can see what really needs doing.

All the waste parts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

THE PULLDOWN CONTINUES

Hmmm, decisions, decisions.  I've been thinking about whether to remove and replace the badly rusted pieces of the chassis before I send...